Welcome to Intergroup Relations at UConn!
We focus on theory and research concerning power, morality, inter-group emotions, social dominance, ideology, group status, inequality, identity, international relations, and political psychology.
- Former lab member I-Ching Lee and faculty members Felicia Pratto and Blair Johnson are co-winners of the Gordon Allport Intergroup Relations Prize from SPSSI for their paper, "Intergroup Consensus/Disagreement in Support of Group-Based Hierarchy: An Examination of Socio-Structural and Psycho-Cultural Factors"!
- Our newest lab member, Mia Logic, arrives from Arizona Sate (September 2012)
- Atilla Cidam
gives a talk at the group meeting on
“Reconciliation in intergroup contexts: The
divergent perspectives of perpetrator and victim
groups,” in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Fouad Bou Zeineddine gives a talk at the International Society for Political Psychology in Chicago, IL (July 2012)
- Felicia Pratto gives keynote address at the annual meeting of the International Society for Political Psychology in Chicago, IL (July 2012)
- Felicia Pratto and Colin Leach featured in invited symposium, "International Perspectives on Social Change: New Theoretical Developments and Empirical Evidence" at the biennial meeting of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues in Charlotte, NC (June 2012)
- Colin Leach gives keynote address at the annual meeting of the British Psychological Society: Social Section conference in Cambridge, UK (September, 2011)
- Fouad Bou Zeineddine chairs a roundtable discussion at the at the annual meeting of the International Society for Political Psychology in Istanbul, Turkey. (July, 2011): "The Winter of Arab Discontent: Causes, Meanings, and Consequences: Perspectives on the Rise of Arab Political Engagement."